When job-related issues cannot be resolved through non-adversary means, we are prepared to aggressively defend employers in state or federal court, as well as the full range of administrative venues. We regularly defend employers in discrimination, wrongful discharge, and other employment-related complaints. We are experienced in dealing with both statutory and common law claims, including complex class actions. With the cooperation and assistance of attorneys from our firm's employee benefits and intellectual property practice groups, we have successfully litigated a variety of ERISA, non-compete and trade secrets cases.
Our goal is to resolve contested cases as early in the process as possible, in order to minimize the costs and risks associated with protracted litigation. Our approach to employment litigation involves providing our clients with:
• Early assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of the case
• A projected timetable, cost estimate, and exposure to damages
• Review of available alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedures
• A cost benefit analysis of each significant litigation decision
• The ability and willingness to pursue the case through trial and