Nearly all industries are confronted with data security and privacy concerns. For private and non-regulated businesses, the protection of employee, customer and third-party information is of paramount importance. An ever-changing technological landscape requires that businesses have solid plans in place to prevent and respond to data breaches quickly and efficiently. In this complimentary one-hour webinar, Bill Roberts, Chair of Shipman & Goodwin’s Privacy and Data Protection team, will discuss steps businesses can take to navigate the legal and practical challenges data breaches present.
Topics will include:
- Steps for preparedness, including governance structure, policies, training and awareness
- Establishing compliance programs for early detection of privacy concerns
- The importance of a sound incident response plan and best practices on what to do after a breach has occurred
- Conducting thorough investigations when a breach has occurred
- Requirements of data breach statutes and a review of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework
- Federal and State data breach laws and agency involvement
- Managing your company’s risk and identifying potential impact of a breach
- Threat of class action lawsuits
- Working with law enforcement
>>Watch Webinar Replay *Please follow the prompts to register/log-in when launching the replay.
Neither the Connecticut Judicial Branch nor the Commission on Minimum Continuing Legal Education approve or accredit CLE providers or activities. It is the opinion of this provider that this activity qualifies for up to one hour toward your annual CLE requirement in Connecticut, including zero hour(s) of ethics/professionalism.